- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard in combination to bring up the run box.
- In the run box, type and enter:
This is the location where Windows will look for additional shortcuts.
- Right click on the empty space, select ‘new’, then select ‘shortcut.’
- In the “Create shortcut” dialogue box that pops up, enter the location of the program, file, or folder that you would like to insert as the shortcut. Click next, type a name for the shortcut, and then click finish.
- Click on “This PC” and you should see the shortcut appear under “Network Locations.”